Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Do it in Red!

June is the month for Red Nose day - there will be all the gorgeous little merchandise in the stores, but the best way to raise money for SIDS and Kids this year, is to DO IT IN RED!
Host a party, an event or get your school or preschool involved - get everyone to wear red, eat red, play red etc.......Then fundraise with raffles, donations and stuff :)
Make it fun and make it simple.....
Just contact SIDS and Kids in your area and ask them to send you a fundraising pack or visit the website www.sidsandkids.org and follow the links to the Red Nose site!
I have been busy co-ordinating fundraisers with our preschool and primary school
Here is Izzy this morning dressed in red complete with red hair and cuddling one of the gorgeous 30cm Di-NOSE-aurs LOL
We had a fun red photo shoot with the preschool kids this morning.
Apart from being completely busy with work and home, I am finding it extremely hard to find a balance with scrapping & socialising! I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but it is still very new to me being a working mum. I hope that I can find a happy medium soon!
SCRAP THE GIRLS new challenge is up!! I was completely slack and didn't have time to do a sample page, but luckily I have an amazing Creative Team and their sample pages are STUNNING!! Go check them out by clicking the STG blinkie in the side bar.
SFS sketch will be up SOON!!! (sorry that is my fault too :( )
I have had no scrapping time, but I can finally share this page which was in Scrapbooking Memories House & Garden gallery 2 months ago - I really loved this page for something different to what I would normally scrap :) it just shows the never ending story of the daily chores at home.....
this weekend I am off to the ScrapBoutique retreat at Noonaweena and I am so excited!! looking forward to a weekend of scrapping and chatting and meeting lots of new friends :)
Thanks for visiting xxx Kate

4 comments:

Peta said...

Yes I know exactly how you feel - hence why I am not too worried re the sketch being late - as I am late with everything else this week.....
so STOP stressing!!!
wont take long and you will find a happy medium between work & play

kerry said...

Hi Kate i know what it is like to juggle family and scrapping tee hee.Enjoy the retreat and look after my friend Jodi she is a hoot.Take care Kerry xx

Her Essential Hand said...

what a busy bee.. and a super mum by the sound of it.
your DD looks so happy in red, my fav colour!!!!
have a relaxing and most enjoyable time at the retreat :) x

Manon Keir said...

It was sooooo good to finally meet you kate, you are so sweetand soooo talented!!! Mwah xxx