Following on from the last post.....
the Kids and I left Manon's place in Canberra Tuesday morning (last week!) and headed to Wangaratta.
We arrived about 2pm and unloaded all our stuff at my brother Greg's place, then took his 2 spoilt dogs for a walk to the river where I took this picture......
Poor declan
Wednesday night I flogged Mum & Greg in a game of trivial pursuit YAY me! LOL, it was quite humourous as I am far from the most intelligent person in the family!
THURSDAY.......was the best day we had, SO much fun with the kids - and we visited all these awesome places and I FORGOT TO TAKE MY CAMERA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
I sulked all day over it too, lol. 1st we went to an animal farm where they had so many different animals from water buffalos right down to guniea pigs. The kids had a ball and the lady was really nice. Izzy fell in love with her pet chihuahua, and carried it the entire time we were there. After that we headed into Beechworth, such a beautiful and historic little town, had lunch in the park and visited the Bourkemuseum (named after Bourke of Bourke and wiils) he used to be a police officer in Beechworth before he was an explorer! the kids were very excited to see Ned Kelly's armour in the museum and a mold of his head.
Then we headed to Woolshed Falls which is the most beautiful and accessible water fall I have ever seen, the kids has so much fun jumping over the rocks and paddling in the water - the whole time I was almost in tears at every "photo opportunity" - all thoughts of the camera were slightly forgotten once Brielle fellarse over head in the water, then Izzy, then Mum dropped one of her shoes down the falls never to be seen again, and I couldn't stop laughing hysterically!!
Home again to Greg's place for our final night in Wangaratta, and a re-match of trivial pursuit to make sure it was just a fluke that I won the night before....Guess who won???
Tee Hee, Greg and Mum are now vowing to watch the E! channel, as my entertainment knowledge was far superior to their Geography knowledge PMSL....
Here are some of the crappy photos I did take whilst in Wangaratta
my little brother Greg with his spoilt dog Poppy
Mum with Greg's other spoilt dog Rhino
We did the whole trip home on Friday, calling in at Albury to visit my cousin Cindy and her 2 adorable little boys, we also stopped at Picton for dinner at a really yummy little Thai restaurant. they were the only 2 mentionable stops - all the other involved revolting toilets at rest stops. made it home about 9.30pm Friday night. spent all saturday recovering at home!
Good for you if you made it this far through my ramblings :)
thanks for visiting xxx Kate










2 comments:
omg i almost cried reading that and thinking 'oh that would have been a great photo'!! glad you had a lovely time kate sounds like the kids really enjoyed themselves too :) xo
Its been ages since I have visited your blog-wah, so finally got my fill on whats been happening in your neck of the woods! Saw you were treading my old stomping ground in Canberra and that you caught up with the beautiful Manon... lucky girls!
Sorry to read about Hamish too babes, I cried a big cry reading that and don't doubt it must still be very hard, lots of kisses and hugs chick! mwah
Post a Comment