Thursday, October 21, 2010

300th post....

Just realised when I logged in to my blogger account to do a blog update that this is my 300th post! Not sure if I should have had something more exciting to share lol...

the truth is I am feeling very blah, and I have had trouble putting my finger on what was bothering me, until I realised that Hamish's 10th anniversary is approaching this weekend and as time goes by it sneaks up and bites me on the bum :( just when I think I am travelling ok, I will be pulled back into the hole like it was yesterday, although now with 10 years of experience I can climb out of the hole a lot easier....can't say it hurts any less though, I still miss him so much.
(photo: Hamish in blue, with my godson William both @ 4weeks old)
I haven't got anything new to share, been so busy with the kids and regular house and family stuff, as well as multiple appointments for Declan with trying to get all the paperwork compiled from the various specialists for his teacher aide funding for next year - what a nightmare that job is. I am also preparing for our big trip next week - the kids and I are off to Wangaratta to visit my little brother and pick up my mum. Should be an interesting road trip alone with the 3 kids! Luckily we are having a stop over monday night in Canberra with my lovely friend Manon :) the only sad thing is that is will miss Peta's retreat again :( :(

I am hoping to scrap this weekend away, I am in much need of a scrapping therapy session.....

Just so this post wasn't completely depressing here are a few of my layouts that have been published in Scrapbooking memories over the past few months (now that the time limit has passed!)

Pregnancy gallery

final encore

final encore

Kaisercraft product showcase challenge

and this one was in Scrapbook Creations Dad gallery.....

thanks for visiting xxx Kate

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Kate - sending big hugs your way. :( What a beautiful little baby Hamish was.

Good luck with your road trip. Hope the kids are good for you. Love all your layouts - congrats on them being published. :)

Barb Turner said...

I can't imagine what that feels like Kate, even if I tried I don't think it would even come close xxx Enjoy your time away, but you will be greatly missed at the retreat :)

Kate said...

ditto what barb said, no one could understand what you are feeling unless they have been through it, however we all still here for you :) have a lovely time away that is going to be a long drive!! stay safe on the roads and i love your pages :) mwah! xo

Kerryn said...

I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. I am sure it never gets easier though no matter how much time passes.
x

Peta said...

{{{hugs}}} just for you my friend!!!
you know we will all miss you HEAPS next wek - but family come first!!!
can't wait to see your scrappy weekend outcome ;)

amanda said...

Mwah to you gorgeous one!!!

Sar said...

Thinking of you honey on this anniversary, its never going to be an easy time. So sad we won't see you next weekend, it won't be the same without you there. xoxo

kerry said...

Big hugs to you chick it must be so sad just the thought of not having him there with you.My thoughts are with you .Have a fab road trip and enjoy your time away.Take care Kerry xx

Jasmine S said...

Kate, I'm thinking of you. I am sure it is all part of the healing process, to have good memories along with the sad ones. Take care.
On a brighter note, how great to have so many LOs published. Well done chicky.

Danielle Quarmby said...

So sad, what a gorgeous boy Hamish was... *hugs*

Am trying to pull together Ash's application for funding for next year - prep - it's all a bit full-on, isn't it!