The lovely
Krissy gave a little step-by-step tutorial at Wicked Princesses on how to create a vintage inspired LO - something I have never really done before, but I love to try new things so I gave her tutorial a go last night and came up with this.....I am happy for my first try :)
The photo is my Great Aunt Jean's wedding day, her bridesmaid is my Ma - sadly they are both gone, Aunty Jean only passed away a few weeks ago, so I am going to frame this LO and give it to her sister (my aunty Heather)

I glimmermisted the vanilla cardstock with coffee shop & granite glimmermists and see the cool fabric flower?? that is one of
Krissy's handmade flowers, she calls them "fluffies" - it was a cream colour, but I glimmermisted it with coffee shop - it came up perfect!
You can find the step by step tutorial
HERE thanks heaps Krissy {mwah}

And I also did this LO last night, but you can't see it until the 1st of March, as it is my sample page for Scrap the girls :) Check out the stitching again!! I will be doing more stitching on my LO's once my mummy comes over and re-threads the bobbin for me as I have no idea how to do it ROFL.....

thanks for visiting and thanks for all the comments on my last few posts, they all make me smile :)
9 comments:
gorgeous layout kate very special xox
Beautiful Kate - I love what you did to the fluffie - now both you and Krissy have inspired me to give vintage a go :)
Stunning layout Kate and love the look of that sneak peek. Can't wait to see the whole thing :)
LOVE that gorgeous vintage LO chickie!!So glad you felt inspired to have a go! I am off to spritz my fluffies now lol they look fab sprayed!Such a clever chickie :)
Im sure that LO will be treasured :)
Lovin that sneak too!
Thanks agin for the birthday email lovey *mwah*
Lotsa love
Krissy xx
I love your vintage layout Kate! I've never been able to vintage...
The sneak looks great too. Can't wait to see the rest of it!
oh my goodness this is vintage beautifullness! heart swooning layout!
Wow your first vintage LO is fantastic Kate....love the glimmermisted fluffy!
ROFL about not being able to thread the bobbin Kate - I imagined you to be real seamstress (I was going to say sewer - but that just looks wrong ....eeek! lol)
Good luck with it & glad to see that you're enjoying sewing on your layouts :)
Stunning pages!!!
LOL about threading the bobbin!!!
I love that krissy layout!!! I should get out more often :(
Post a Comment